Counseling for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried traditional “talk therapy” but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers brain-body based interventions that is long lasting to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that while traditional talk therapy is usually the most effective option, incorporating brain-body based interventions such as Somatic Experience Therapy, Mindfulness Meditation can help resolve the root cause of anxiety. That’s because brain-body based interventions in therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication only – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better and lasting coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.