Are you struggling with social anxiety? Are you avoiding or dreading social situations ? Does work meetings feel like a nightmare?
Social anxiety can impact various aspects of our lives. Social anxiety can hinder your work life, intimate life, daily activities and academic opportunities.
Recognizing the social anxiety signs and symptoms is the first steps.
- Persistent fear or anxiety of social situations
- Avoiding social situations
- Distress or impairment of social life
- Significant impact on all aspect of life
- Physical symptoms such as lightheadedness, heart racing, sweating profusely like responses to social situations
It is important to take time to understand and identify specific triggers when it comes to overcoming social anxiety as well as:
- Changing Negative Beliefs: Social anxiety is often fueled by negative self-beliefs, such as "I'm inadequate" or "I'm unlikable" "I am not worthy". Challenging the negative beliefs and replacing them with healthier positive thoughts is important.
- Improving Emotional Regulation: Using brain-based somatic tools will help in activating the brain's natural adaptive processing.
- Building Resilience and Confidence: Through the reprocessing of traumatic memories (if need) and negative beliefs and enhancing self regulation skills, you will have self-confidence. As you process and heal from past experiences, you will gain a sense of empowerment and find it easier to navigate social situations with reduced anxiety and increased self-assurance.
If these symptoms sound like you and you are interested in overcoming social anxiety, please reach out to me for a free 15 minute consultation.